Wednesday 19 October 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Alejandro "Alex" Fuentes

 

My Book Boyfriend, hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader, is my favourite meme ever, allowing book bloggers to showcase our fictional crushes (and drool over each other's). I've seen my pick this week (from Simone Elkeles' Perfect Chemistry) pop up in My Book Boyfriend a few times in the past, so I'd just like to preface this post by saying:


Yep, y'all can back off Alex Fuentes coz I'm claiming him as mine. Mwahaha. 


What's so great about him, you ask (if you don't already know)? For starters, he's super hot. He's a bad boy (on the outside, at least), with dark hair, dark eyes, tattoos and a motorbike named Julio. Definitely not my usual type, but he's just that freaking hot I couldn't help but love him anyway. Of course, the best thing about Alex is his inner goodness. Yeah, he's in a gang, but it's only because he has to be to protect his family. He has ambitions that go far beyond that, and the smarts to follow through. Plus he's so caring and sweet... and did I mention hot?! I pictured him as Alexander F. Rodriguez thanks to Elkeles' book trailers.

Swoon-Worthy Quotes

"Alex pulls me close and whispers in my ear, 'You only live once, isn't that what you said? Dance with me again.'
'But-'
He cuts me off with a kiss so powerful I forgot what I was supposed to be upset about."

"'Mujer, you own my soul.'"

 "'Hold it...,' he says. 'Feel the sweet spot. Linger there.'" [He's talking about the clutch in a car, of course... What were you thinking?! Get your minds out of the gutter!]

“I don't belong here. It doesn't matter, because even if I don't belong in this place, she's here and I want to be where she is... I want to know how to make this girl laugh. I want to know what makes her cry. I want to know what it feels like to have her look at me as if I'm her knight in shining armor.” 
Related
Guess what song I had in my head the whole time I was putting this post together?

17 comments:

  1. Oh I'll take him! I'll take him!

    RAWR!

    BTW, LOVE that puppy pic. Reminds me of my mom's dog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't make me get all gangsta on your butt Melissa :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! I loved Alex and adored this series..

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Bad Boys are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is awkward, didn't Alex tell you he is actually MINE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. drooooool, i am in love with alex.
    those pictures are so hot too
    also i had him first just so you know... haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This IS awkward. Coz Alex has rescinded all previous dalliances to devote himself to me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is definitely deserving of being in this feature of yours. He is so swoon-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belle, What are you talking about? Alex is MINE! He even got my name tattooed on his forehead. And his newest tat is of my lips on his neck! I'm his sweet spot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Alex! Great pictures and good choice of quotes...there are so many to pick from! Also, I agree with you about the song...it always reminds me of that book when I hear it on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't see how anyone can read this book and not fall for Alex. Yum, Yum, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Missie - Tattoos are very easy to remove these days, dontcha know? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will let you have Alex because, hot as he is, Carlos is definitely my man. NOT the book trailer version. The one I keep in my very own head. Wait...what?
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ruby - I'm just about to read Rules of Attraction, so you just might have competition for Carlos yet ;-) But yes the book trailer version of Carlos doesn't really do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH! Now he is a swoon worthy choice for this weeks MBB!! Holy Cow!! I cannot explain how flustered that has gotten me!! haha. I must read about him like ASAP! lol. Fabulous fabulous choice this week!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm.... Alex! Love me some Fuentes brothers! *swoon*

    Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete