Friday 5 April 2013

Friday Link Dump: Trailers, Hidden Rooms And The Anatomy Of A Book



 -The trailer for City of Bones is here and even though I didn't love the book, I'm kinda excited for the movie. It looks fun.

-I'm even more excited for the The Great Gatsby movie, especially after seeing the new trailer.

-I also can't wait for the new season of True Blood. It looks so awesome.

-When I grow up, I totally want a hidden room through my bookshelves and/or wardrobe.

-The anatomy of the book is pretty interesting.

-This is what Game of Thrones would look like if Westeros had Facebook. Meanwhile, you can learn Dothraki if you have enough time and, er, interest. And here's an entertaining remix featuring big Game of Thrones moments.

-The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is sadly over, but Hypable have listed their top ten episodes of the web series. I agree with pretty much all of them except their number one.

-Here's a  very cool way to deliver writing advice.

-Melina Marchetta is doing a Q&A session on Goodreads on April 30.

-Here are the real life people that inspired the looks of Disney characters.

-This parody of Taylor Swift's '22' is both hilarious and depressing. The latter mainly because this is basically my life at 26...

-But hey, informercial people failing at life in GIF form will make you feel better about your own life.

-And these The Golden Girls insults are well, pure gold.

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow thank you so much for all the new trailers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was less than impressed with the book version of The Mortal Instruments and this is a case where I think the movie will blow it away. And The Great Gatsby, excited for the excess in this one, however, I think I'll always be a fan of Robert Redford's Gatsby character. He's so dreamy!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the writing advice link as well as the Disney character models. Fun food for thought! Great list of links this week, Belle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't love the book but the movie does look better. Redford is definitely a dreamier Gatsby than DiCaprio.

      Delete
  3. I am just learning about the Lizzie Bennett Diaries! Can't wait to watch them all!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so entertaining! I'm thinking about rewatching actually...

      Delete
  4. Great round up of links! I want to read TGG before the film and even though my interest in Clare's books has waned, I do want to see the TMI movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TGG is an awesome book. It took me a few goes to get into it but I loved it in the end. I'm not a fan of TMI books but the movie looks fun.

      Delete
  5. I just posted about The Great Gatsby trailer because I think it's going to be such a great adaptation/version of the book and yet, because it's the director's interpretation of the text, people will trash it. A pity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore hidden passageways. I've always wanted one.

    Whoa. I want a Narnia room.

    I looooooooove the hand in hand project!

    Real Life Disney models was toooo cool. Tink was my fav.

    ReplyDelete