Tuesday, 1 July 2014
Top Ten Classics I Love
1. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. I adore the characters. They're all so wonderful and memorable.
2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Because duh.
3. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I love it almost as much as Pride and Prejudice. Almost.
4. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Beautiful and haunting.
5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I love the guts out of Jane and yes Rochester makes me swoon.
6. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. Anne Shirley is one of my favourite characters of all time and her story makes me happy (except when it makes me really really sad).
7. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It's such a lovely story about growing up and grieving and healing.
8. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie. Magical. Sad. Scary. Fun. The best.
9. The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy. It's a fantastic decade-spanning story of the morally grey and always compelling Forsytes.
10. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. A wonderful mystery that's just a lot of fun to read.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.