Tuesday 16 September 2014

Top Ten Authors I've Only Read One Book From And NEED to Read More

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic feels like it was made for me because there are SO many authors I've only read one book from and really, really need to read more of. Like:


1. Markus Zusak. I have the hide to call him one of my favourite authors and yet have only read one of his books (The Book Thief). Don't ask me what's taken me so long. It's terrible.

2. E Lockhart. I recently read and LOVED We Were Liars so I'd like to go back and read Lockhart's other books now.

3. Kate Forsyth. As soon as I finished Bitter Greens I immediately wanted to read more of Forsyth's work. Aaaand I still haven't. I do have two of her other books in my TBR though so that's something, right?

4. Courtney Summers. I adored This is Not A Test and have heard great things about Summers' other books.

5. Margo Lanagan. Loved Sea Hearts. You know the rest.

6. Cath Crowley. Graffiti Moon is great and apparently so are Crowley's other books.

7. Jackie Kay. I really liked Kay's memoir Red Dust Road and I'd love to read her fiction. A couple of her books are already in my TBR. I just need to get to them.

8. Libba Bray. When I read Beauty Queens, I vowed to hunt down and read all of Bray's books straight away... and yeah, still haven't.

9. Margaret Atwood. Of her books, I've only read The Handmaid's Tale and I clearly need to read the rest.

10. Wilkie Collins. I've been meaning to read more of Collins' books ever since enjoying The Woman in White a few years ago and it's yet another thing I haven't got around to.

Which authors do you want to read more of?

11 comments:

  1. Great list Belle :) Definitely agree with The Book Thief and We Were Liars - they both wowed and shocked me (in a good way of course) and earned 5 stars apiece. I just borrowed Bitter Greens at the library today, so now I'm even more excited to read it!

    Eugenia @ Genie In A Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have you had a chance to read Bitter Greens yet?

      Delete
  2. E. Lockhart is on my list too and for the same reason. I loved and was impressed by We Were Liars! I hope her other books are just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only author I've read is Markus Zusak which is a shame since I adore The Book Thief. I really want to try E. Lockhart soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my biggest concern with E. Lockhart. The rest of her work doesn't look like my cup of tea, but I LOVED We Were Liars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough! Maybe her writing will win you over :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing in this article I can a lot and could also be a reference obat pembesar penis herbal I hope to read the next your article update

    ReplyDelete